Pages

Monday 11 July 2011

Pre-competition week

On Saturday I am heading to Cardiff for the Strength and Power meet. I took part in this last year, but things are different this time around. Instead of one competition, there are 3 heats. One has already taken place at CrossFit Reading, next week at Dragon Crossfit then next month at CrossFit 3D in Manchester.

I have been training hard for this, with most of my programming coming from Andy MacKenzie who is the organiser of the Cardiff event. I am in much better shape than I was last year. Fuck - i dont think I could be in worse shape than last year

This week is just an easy week in preparation for Saturday, with today being the only weights session I am doing.

Back squats

100kg x 5 reps x 3 sets

Cambered bar back squats

80kg x 5 reps x 3 sets

Bench press

77.5kg x 3
87,5kg x 3
97.5kg x 3

Really strange not training as hard as I have been but I know i need to rest so that I can give my all on Saturday where I hope to ...ENGAGE MOTHERFUCKING BEAST MODE!

No comments: